The EDS309… is a portable insulation fault location system for localising insulation faults in unearthed systems (IT systems). All essential components are housed in a robust aluminium case which is convenient to carry.
IT systems without a permanently installed insulation fault location system
• EDS3090PG for main circuits up to AC 20…575 V 42…460 Hz, DC 20…504 V with AGE185 up to AC 500…790 V 42…460 Hz, DC 400…960 V
• EDS3091PG for control circuits up to AC 20…265 V 42…460 Hz, DC 20…308 V
• EDS3092PG for main circuits in conjunction with PGH185 up to AC 20…575 V 42…460 Hz, DC 20…504 V with AGE185 up to AC 500…790 V 42…460 Hz, DC 400…960 V for control circuits in conjunction with PGH183 up to AC 20…265 V 42…460 Hz, DC 20…308 V
• EDS3096PG for main circuits in IT systems with all poles disconnected up to AC 0…575 V 42…460 Hz, DC 0…504 V
• EDS3096PV for photovoltaic systems with PGH186 up to 20…575 V 42…460 Hz, DC 20…504 V with AGE185 up to AC 500…790 V 42…460 Hz, DC 400…960 V IT systems with a permanently installed insulation fault location system
• EDS3090 for main circuits with a permanently installed insulation fault location system with EDS460/490
• EDS3091 for control circuits with a permanently installed insulation fault location system with EDS460/491
Locating current injector PGH18… The PGH18… generates the relevant locating current signal. The locating current generated in this manner depends on the value of the insulation fault that is present and the system voltage.
• Depending on the switch position, the PGH185 or PGH186 limit the locating current is to a maximum of 25 mA respectively 10 mA.
• The PGH183 limits the locating current to a maximum of 2.5 mA or 1 mA respectively. In de-energised IT systems or in IT systems with a system voltage of < 50 V, the PGH186 drives the locating current generated by an integrated voltage source (DC 50 V).
In IT systems with a system voltage of > 50 V, the system voltage itself drives the locating current. Insulation fault locator EDS195P:
The insulation fault locator EDS195P provides the following measuring functions:
• Insulation fault location IΔL (EDS mode) for use in IT AC or DC systems. The response value is determined by the sensitivity of the EDS195P insulation fault locator. In DC, AC and 3AC IT systems, this is an arithmetic average value that can be set according to an arithmetic average value. System interferences and excessively high system leakage capacitances may have a negative influence on the accuracy – within the portable EDS309…insulation fault location system or – within a permanently installed insulation fault location system in conjunction with EDS15…/46…/49…
• Residual current measurement IΔn (RCM mode) for use in TN or TT AC systems. The response range for the alarm message is 10 mA…10 A.
The LC display indicates the measured residual current, the type of the connected measuring clamp resp. measuring current transformer, the accumulator capacity, the activation of the alarm memory, the activation of the buzzer, and the set nominal frequency.
The portable insulation fault location systems have been designed in accordance with the following standards: DIN EN 61557-8 (VDE 0413-8), EN 61557-8, IEC 61557-8, IEC 61326-2-4, DIN EN 60664-1 (VDE 0110-1), DIN EN 60664-3, DIN EN 61557-9, VDE 0413-9, IEC 61557-9, ASTM F1669M-96 (2007), ASTM F1207M-96 (2007) Note: Electrical interferences during operation may result in false tripping and indication errors.